Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mo-crastination

School has begun and we have a new word in our house, coined by Imagination Boy and now a key part of our family vocabulary-

Mo-crastination

Mo-crastination is the practice of procrastinating by moping.
photo credit: Cayusa via photopin ccn

In our house it commonly goes something like this:

"I can't believe I have so much homework.  How am I ever going to get it all done?  I'm tired and I just want to go to bed.  But I can't because I have all this homework.  How am I ever going to get it all done?  I don't even know where to start. How am I ever going to get it all done?  No I don't need any help.  I just don't know how to do it.  How am I ever going to get it all done?  I can't believe I have so much homework.."

And repeat.  Over and over and over.

You get the idea.

Mo-crastination has all the downside of regular procrastination in that no work actually gets done minus the upside of at least enjoying quality leasure time (such as computer games) while procrastinating.

Plus it has the dubious side effect of DRIVING YOUR FAMILY CRAZY.

This could be a long year.

2 comments: