Monday, May 6, 2013

You can't fool me

Do you think that only people try to hide their misdeeds?

Think again.  My childhood dog was also good at this trick.
Image courtesy of Maggie Smith / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

He knew he wasn't allowed on the furniture and most especially not on the beds.  Mom had lost the battle about whether the dog would stay or not, but she certainly wasn't going to cave on this issue.

And really, he was an eager to please dog so after the first few attempts he was very good about following the no dogs on the furniture rule.

Or was he?

One day my Dad came home unexpectedly in the middle of the day.  He walked into his bedroom and noticed the dog sleeping very soundly on the floor at the foot of the bed, the very picture of innocence.

Except for one minor fact.  The bed was a waterbed and it was moving up and down.

"Bad dog," Dad said.

And did that dog look guilty?  No he did not.  He slowly opened his sleepy eyes and blinked as if to say, "Who me?  What did I do?  I'm just taking a nap here on the floor like a good dog."

Who says animals can't lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment